Sources of Paul’s Theology
Paul’s letters show that he preached the same things from his first letter to the Galatians to his final letters from prison at Rome. There is absolutely nothing in his epistles that show he grew in understanding and that one letter expresses a more mature understanding of the Gospel than an earlier one. If this is so, then we have to wonder how Paul acquired his understanding so quickly after his conversion. Assuming sincerity, one simply does not turn from persecuting believers in Jesus one moment to becoming history’s greatest defender and promoter of the faith in the next moment without having to unlearn something and build upon another.
Below are a few blogs in which I attempt to show how and where Paul acquired his theology. I welcome comments and hope we can discuss these things together, if you have what seems to you to be a better idea.
- Who Was Saul of Tarsus, Really?
- Paul’s Conversion
- Paul’s Visit to Arabia
- Paul’s Theology and the Children of Abraham
- Paul and the Doctrine of Circumcision
- What Did Peter and Paul Discuss?
- How Successful was Paul in the Beginning?
- Why Did Paul go to Tarsus?
- Paul-the Apostle Shaped in Cilicia!